This article explains how to initiate the preview of a Consistency Group, which is essentially the first step in a failover of a Consistency Group in the Target location. The "Preview" brings all of the Target Servers online with a replicated "DRS snapshot" of the Cloud Servers as of a specific point in time.
- Only the Primary Administrator or a user with the DRS role can initiate the preview of a Consistency Group.
- For instructions on how to add Roles to a Sub-Administrator, see How to Manage the Primary Administrator User and other Sub-Administrators as the Primary Administrator
- The Consistency Group must exist in the Geographic Region.
- The Consistency Group must not already be in 'Preview' or 'Failover' mode.
- The Secondary Location is not in Hypervisor Maintenance.
- The Secondary Location is not in DRS maintenance.
Content / Solution:
Click on the DRS for Cloud menu button and then select DRS Consistency Groups to navigate to the DRS Consistency Groups pageGroups page:
The DRS Consistency Groups dashboard will be displayed:
Locate the Consistency Group for which you want to initiate a preview. Click on the Manage gear and select Start Preview from the drop-down menu:
The system will display the following informationfollowing information:
- Amount of Used Journal Datastore (in GB)
- DRS Snapshot Protection Window
- List of DRS Snapshots for the Consistency Group with the associated DRS Snapshot ID, timestamp, and size in kilobytes
Select a DRS snapshot by clicking by clicking on the record in the DRS Snapshot Grid and Grid and clicking the Start Preview button:
Note: If you click on the Start Preview button without choosing a DRS snapshot from the grid, the system will display the following message:
"Choose a snapshot from above grid to preview."
The Start Consistency Group Preview The Start Consistency Group Preview dialog will close and the status will be updated in the DRS Consistency Groups grid:
The system will display a notification that the Start Preview process has been initiated:
The system will display a success message when the process has completed:
The DRS Consistency Groups grid will be updated to show that the Consistency Group is now in 'Preview' state:
|Content by Label|