- All retired Windows Images will be removed from the OS Images inventory. Customers wishing to continue to deploy unsupported Windows servers need to make sure they've created Customer Images prior to this date.
- All Windows 2003, 2008, and 2008 MS SQL R2 images listed above and/or servers deployed by clients and Customer Images will remain operational. Clients may continue to import unsupported Windows Images using their licenses.
- However, any clients continuing to use existing Windows 2003, 2008, and 2008 MS SQL R2 servers or Images need to understand that Microsoft will no longer offer patches, security updates or other software fixes for Windows 2003, 2008, and 2008 MS SQL R2 OSthe above-listed Windows images. We can make no commitments that aspects of the service, particularly server deployments, will continue to work properly with the underlying VMware platform going forward.
- Windows 2003 is supported only in MCP 1.0 locations, not the new MCP 2.0 locations. Windows 2003 does not support the IPv4/IPv6 dual-stack utilized in MCP 2.0.
- Therefore, note that Windows Server 2003 Images cannot be copied or imported to MCP 2.0 data centers.