Content / Solution:
The Redhat Enterprise Linux 6 image was built using the Minimal install feature to create a lean system with the minimum features and packages necessary to have a functioning RHEL server. The system was further customized in the following ways:
- The firewalls (iptables and ip6tables) were disabled.
- SELinux protections were disabled.
- Postfix (version 2.6) replaces Sendmail as the default MTA.
- The Apache httpd (version 2.2) server and mod_ssl module were installed.
- The PHP (version 5.3) scripting language and corresponding Apache httpd module were installed.
- The Perl (version 5.10) scripting language was installed