This article describes how to take a Cloud Server Snapshot. Doing so produces a Manual Snapshot as described in the introductory article Introduction to Cloud Server Snapshots.
- The Data Center cannot be in Hypervisor or Networking Maintenance.
- Only the Primary Administrator or a user with the Server role can take a Cloud Server Snapshot.
- The Server cannot have another operation in progress.
- The server must be enabled for Snapshots and the Snapshot State must be NORMAL. See How to Enable Cloud Server Snapshots on a Server.
- Only one Snapshot can be in progress at a time and no other Cloud Server Snapshots operation can be in progress.
- The current total number of pending and normal Manual Server Snapshots for the Server cannot exceed the Maximum Manual Snapshots per Server allowable for the Data Center where the Server resides. See How do I Identify Hardware Specifications and Capabilities Available in a Data Center Location
- If you have set up the Snapshot feature to run Pre-Snapshot scripts or Post-Snapshot scripts, you will need to verify that ALL of the preconditions specific to that function are met. See: How to Set Pre and Post Snapshot Scripts on a Cloud Server
- You cannot take a manual Cloud Server Snapshot if the Server is in a state which requires it to be restarted. See the "Adding and Managing Disks" section of Introduction to Cloud Server Local Storage ("Disks") and Disk Speeds
From the Home page, select the Data Center where the Server of which you want to take a Cloud Server Snapshot is located:
The Data Center Dashboard will be displayed. Select the Network Domain where the Server is located:
The Network Domain dashboard will be displayed. Click on the Server:
The Server dashboard will be displayed. Click on the Snapshots tab, then click on the Actions menu and select Initiate Manual Snapshot from the drop-down menu:
The Manual Snapshot dialog will be displayed. Click Confirm:
The system will display a success message:
Note: This message indicates that the system successfully submitted the request to take a manual snapshot. It does not indicate that the snapshot was taken successfully. To view whether or not the snapshot was successful, see How to View and Manage Snapshots for a Cloud Server
If successful, the system will indicate that the Snapshot is in progress:
Once complete, the Cloud Server Snapshot will be populated into the Snapshots grid:Note: Hovering your mouse over the icon will display the regional time in a pop-up:
If you have set up the Snapshot feature to run Pre-Snapshot scripts or Post-Snapshot scripts, you will need to verify that ALL of the preconditions specific to that function are met. See: How to Set Pre and Post Snapshot Scripts on a Cloud Server