This article describes how to add additional Journaling space to an existing DRS Consistency Group
All CloudControl Usage uses Base 2 ("gibibyte") Methodology
When provisioning and managing assets in CloudControl, a "Gigabyte" (GB) is actually based on Base 2 (binary) methodology, meaning that 1 GB = 1024^3 bytes ("gibibyte"). For example, if you provision a "100 GB" local disk, the system provisions a local disk of 100 x 1024^3 bytes = 107374182400 bytes.
Usage reporting follows the same methodology. For more details, see Introduction to Usage Reporting.
- Only the Primary Administrator or a user with the DR role can expand Journaling Space for an existing Consistency Group.
- For instructions on how to add Roles to a Sub-Administrator, see How to Manage the Primary Administrator User and other Sub-Administrators as the Primary Administrator
- The Source and Destination Locations must not be in Hypervisor maintenance or in DRS maintenance
- Consistency Group must NOT be in 'Preview' or 'Failover' mode.
- Consistency Group must be in NORMAL state (i.e. not in the process of add/delete or expand)
- Journal Sizes expansions must be made in 100 GB increments.
- The requested DRS Journal Size must stay within the calculated Maximum Size for the Consistency Group.
- The Maximum Journal Size is based on the Initial Journal Size, and the maximum size allowable in the Location
Content / Solution:
Click on the DRS for Cloud menu button and then select DRS Consistency Groups to navigate to the DRS Consistency Groups page:
The DRS Consistency Groups dashboard will be displayed:
Locate the Consistency Group for which you want to expand the Journaling Space, then click on the Manage gear and select Add Journal Size from the drop-down menu:
The Add Journal Size dialog will be displayed:
Enter the amount of Journaling Space you want to add to the Consistency Group. You can use the up/down arrows, or you can manually enter the desired amount:
Note: The amount of Journaling Space must be specified in 100 GB increments.
Note: Hovering your mouse over the information icon will display a popup which indicates the valid Journal Size range:
Once you have entered the desired amount of Additional Journaling Space, click the Add Journal Size button:
The system will display a message indicating that the operation is in progress:
The system will expand the Journal size and the UI will reflect the progress in the Current Action section:
Upon completion, the system will display a success message:
The DRS Consistency Groups dashboard will be updated to reflect the additional Journaling Space: