This article describes how to disable Cloud Server Snapshots on a Server
It is important to note that disabling Snapshots will permanently delete all historical Snapshots associated with the Server.
- Only a user with the Primary Administrator or Server role can disable Cloud Server Snapshots.
- The Data Center cannot be in Hypervisor or Snapshot Service Maintenance.
- The Server cannot have another operation in progress.
- The Server must be enabled for Snapshots. See How to Enable Cloud Server Snapshots on a Server.
The Server cannot have a Manual Snapshot or any other Cloud Server Snapshots operation in progress.
- There cannot be any Snapshot Preview server(s) generated from either a Manual or System-Generated snapshot or Replicated Snapshot associated with the Server.
- You cannot disable Cloud Server Snapshots if Snapshot Replication is enabled. See How to Manage Snapshot Replication on a Cloud Server
- Note: This process can take anywhere from 2 to 4 hours
- During this time, you can still initiate Manual Snapshots and create a Snapshot Preview Server from a Local (non-replicated) Snapshot
Content / Solution:
From the Home page, select the Data Center where the Server you want to disable for Cloud Server Snapshots is located:
The Data Center Dashboard will be displayed. Select the Network Domain where the Server is located:
The Network Domain dashboard will be displayed. Click on the Server you want to disable for Cloud Server Snapshots:
Note: Snapshot Replication must be disabled in order to disable the Snapshot Service. A server that has Snapshot Replication enabled will have a green Snapshot icon
The Server dashboard will be displayed. Click on the Snapshots tab. Click on the Actions menu, and select Disable Snapshot from the drop-down menu:
The Disable Snapshot dialog will be displayed. Click Disable Snapshot:Note: Disabling Cloud Server Snapshots will PERMANENTLY delete all historical snapshots. Be sure you are disabling the feature on the correct Server, and that you are ready to lose all the historical Snapshots.
Note: Disabling Cloud Server Snapshots will NOT delete Long-Term Retention Images. They will stay in the system until they expire, or until they are manually deleted. See How to Delete Client and Long-Term Retention Images
Once complete, the system will display a success message:
The Cloud Server Snapshots will be disabled: