This article describes how to delete a VLAN Security Group
- VLAN Security Groups must be enabled in the Data Center. See How do I Identify Hardware Specifications and Capabilities Available in a Data Center Location
- Note: VLAN Security Groups are only available in specific Private Cloud and Hosted Private Cloud locations. For details, see Introduction to Security Groups
- Only the Primary Administrator or a User with the Network role can delete VLAN Security Groups.
- The Network Domain on which the VLAN resides must be "Advanced". For instructions on switching between Network Domain types, see How to View and Manage a Network Domain in a MCP 2.0 Data Center
- VMware cannot be in maintenance.
- The VLAN from which you want to delete Security Groups must be in a Normal state.
Content / Solution:
From the Home page, click on the Data Center where the Network Domain on which the VLAN Security Group you want to delete is located:
The Data Center dashboard will be displayed. Click on the Network Domain on which the VLAN Security Group you want to delete is located:
The Network Domain dashboard will be displayed. Click on the VLANs and Servers tab. Click on the dropdown iconto expand the VLAN on which the Security Group you want to delete is located. Click on VLAN Security Groups tab, then click on the Manage gear next to the Security Group you want to delete and select Delete VLAN Security Group from the dropdown menu:
The Delete VLAN Security Group dialog will be displayed. Click Confirm:Note: This cannot be undone!
The system will display a success message:
The VLAN Security Group will be deleted and the UI will be updated to reflect the change: