This article explains how to delete a Consistency Group
- Only the Primary Administrator or a user with the DRS role can delete a Consistency Group
- For instructions on how to add Roles to a Sub-Administrator, see How to Manage the Primary Administrator User and other Sub-Administrators as the Primary Administrator
- Consistency Groups must not be in failover mode
- Primary and Secondary Locations must not be in Hypervisor maintenance
- Primary and Secondary Locations must not be in DRS maintenance
Content / Solution:
Click on the DRS for Cloud menu button and then select DRS Consistency Groups to navigate to the DRS Consistency Groups page:
The DRS Consistency Groups dashboard will be displayed:
Note: If there are no Consistency Groups defined, the dashboard will display the following message: No records available.
Locate the Consistency Group you want to delete, then click on the Action button and select Delete Consistency Group from the drop-down menu:Note: 'Delete' option will be disabled in 'Action Menu' if Consistency Group is in 'Preview' or 'Failover' mode.
The Delete Consistency Group dialog will be displayed. Click Confirm:Note: This action cannot be undone.
The system will display the progress of the operation:Note: This may take several minutes.
The system will delete the Consistency Group and the UI will be updated to reflect the change:
State of Target Servers after Consistency Group Deletion
NOTE: When deleting a Consistency Group, The system will apply a recent DRS snapshot to the Target Server(s) local disks. Due to DRS Snapshot Granularity and Change Rate, it is not always the most recent DRS snapshot, but it will generally represent a recent moment in time.
Important Note: If for some reason the Consistency Group deletion fails, you can clean the failed Consistency Group. See How to View and Clean your Consistency Groups