- Data Center must have Cloud Monitoring enabled. See: How do I Identify Hardware Specifications and Capabilities Available in a Data Center Location
- Only the Primary Administrator or a User with the Reports role can generate Cloud Monitoring usage reports.
Content / Solution:
From the Home screen, click on the Compute menu, and select Reports from the drop-down menu:
The Download Reports page will be displayed:
Select "Monitoring" from the drop-down menu:
The system will ask you to define the Start and End dates for the report. The date range cannot be larger than 31 days. Click "Download" when you've entered the dates:IMPORTANT NOTES:
- You can generate a report for up to 31 days worth of usage
- A report cannot be generated for greater than a year earlier than the current date (allows for leap years).
The system will download a CSV formatted report that provides the details of every action performed by the organization during the time period selected. Opening up this file in Microsoft Excel or Google Docs is probably the easiest way of understanding the results:
- Date - The amount a Server was billed for the given date.
- Location - Data Center location.
- Server - Name of Server.
- Server ID - Refers to the ID of the object against which the action was taken.
- Essentials Monitoring Hours - Hours of Essentials Monitoring reported.
- Advanced Monitoring Hours - Hours of Advanced Monitoring reported.