This article describes how to update an existing User to be the Primary Administrator by making an update to make a user/sub-administrator to become the new primary administrator for your organization.
- You must be logged in as the Primary Administrator
- You must have at least one Sub-Administrator User to designate as the new Primary Administrator. For details, see How to Create a Sub-Administrator using the CloudControl UI
Content / Solution:
Click on the Compute button and select Account Management from the drop-down menu:
The Account Management page will be displayed. Locate the user that you would like to make the new Primary Administrator. Click on the Manage gear for that user, then select Make Primary Administrator from the drop-down menu:
The system will display the Make Primary Administrator dialog. Click Confirm:Note: Please note the following important details that are displayed on the dialog.
- The current, logged in, Primary Administrator will be logged out as soon as "Confirm" is clicked
- The current, logged in, Primary Administrator user will CEASE to be Primary Administrator when "Confirm" is clicked
- The target Sub-Admin User will become the Primary Administrator when "Confirm" is clicked.
- When the target Sub-Admin User next logs in; the full Primary Administrator UI feature set will be available.
The system will display a success message:
You will be logged out of the UI. When the newly appointed Primary Administrator logs in, the full Primary Administrator UI feature set will be available:IMPORTANT NOTE: For customers using on-line payments, control of the online payment method will be transferred to the new Primary Administrator. However, billing invoices and emails are NOT automatically transferred to the new Primary Administrator. Please contact the Finance department to make changes to billing methodologies and/or email addresses.