This article describes how to add a SCSI Controller to a Cloud Server.
This function applies to both MCP 1.0 and 2.0
- User has Primary Administrator or Server Role
- The Server to which you want to add the SCSI Controller must be in a STOPPED state.
- Server CANNOT be a Source Server or Target Server in a DRS Consistency Group
- Maximum total of four (4) SCSI controllers are allowed
- Note: If your Cloud Server already has the maximum number of SCSI Controllers allocated, this function will be blocked.
- A SCSI Controller cannot already be located on the requested SCSI bus number
- If any of the existing SCSI Controllers have VMWARE_PARAVIRTUAL or LSI_LOGIC_SAS adapters, you can NOT create a new SCSI controller using the LSI_LOGIC_PARALLEL adapter
- If any of the existing SCSI Controllers have VMWARE_PARAVIRTUAL or LSI_LOGIC_SAS adapters, you can NOT create a new SCSI controller using the BUS_LOGIC adapter
- The requested SCSI Adapter must be supported by the OS. See Navigating the Supported Operating Systems Dashboard
- You cannot add a SCSI Controller to a Server if the Server is in Snapshot Preview. You must first migrate the Snapshot Preview Server to a Normal Server. See Introduction to Cloud Server Snapshot Feature
Content / Solution:
From the Home page, select the data center where the Cloud Server on which you want to add a SCSI Controller is located:
The Data Center dashboard will be displayed. Select the Network Domain on which the Cloud Server on which you want to add a SCSI Controller is located:
The Network Domain dashboard will be displayed. Select the Server on which you want to add the SCSI Controller:
The Server dashboard will be displayed. Click the Storage tab:
Click on the Actions button, then select Add SCSI Controller from the drop-down menu:
The Add SCSI Controller dialog will be displayed:
Note: The default SCSI Adapter will be selected.
Select the SCSI Controller that you want to add to the Cloud Server from the SCSI Controller drop-down menu:
Select the desired SCSI Adapter from the SCSI Adapter drop-down menu:
Note: For more information on SCSI Controllers and SCSI Adapters, see Introduction to Cloud Server Local Storage ("Disks") and Disk Speeds
Once you have selected the desired SCSI Controller and SCSI Adapter, click Add SCSI Controller:
The system will display a message indicating that the operation is in progress:
The system will display the progress of the operation in the Status section of the Server dashboard:
Once the operation is complete, the system will display a success message:
The SCSI Controller will be added to the Cloud Server and the Storage tab will be updated to show the new SCSI Controller: